Nepal Telecom, a government owned telecommunication giant in Nepal have now expanded its FTTH services in 25 districts.
Nepal Telecom is already providing this Fiber services from different branches. In Kathmandu valley, it have targeted the highly dense areas including durbarmarg, thamel, new road, jyatha, sundhara, lazimpat, ason, kadaghari, sainbu and may more.
While, this services is available outside of valley including Baglung, Nepalgunj, Kohalpur, Kuashaltaar-Bhaktapur, Jitpur Nagarkot , Sauraha, Bharatpur Area, Tandi Chowk Chitwan, Ghorahi Dang, Triveni chowk Dhankuta, Damak, Dhanusa, Jhapa, Kailali, Dhangadi, Mahendranagar, Pokhara Pardi, Banepa, Beni, Bardhaghar, Palpa, Bhairahawa, Butwal, Lukla, Itahari, Surkhet and many more.
What is FTTH ?
Fiber To The Home is a term used to denote an access network which uses optical fiber from the central access point (such as a telephone switch) all the way to the customer’s home. FTTH can deliver huge data rates to customers. FTTH can offer all existing services to a customer, such as telephony, internet access and cable television and radio using only one infrastructure. FTTH will also make it possible to meet the growing demand from customers for two-way, interactive, video-based services.
According to the latest report published by NTA MIS as of September, there are 10,335 subscriptions on FTTH connections of Nepal Telecom. However, there are total 657,551 connections done using FTTH or fiber. This doesn’t include the ADSL connection.
How to get Subscribe NT FTTH service?
- Customer needs to fill the service registration form for FTTH in service counter. (Available at: https://www.ntc.net.np/pages/view/downloads )
- Site survey and estimation will be carried out by NT. Site survey includes site assessment (outdoor & indoor), equipment termination point, route of fiber drop cable.
- Service will be provided based on the distribution point feasibility and Service availability.
- Fiber installation, CPE installation and configuration will be carried out by NT
- Username and Password for login will be provided to the customers.
What is the price of NT FTTH?
NT have divided its FTTH services into 3 categories: FTTH Individual User Data Pack, FTTH Corporate User Data Pack and FTTH COMBO Pack.
For FTTH Individual User Data Pack there is FUP-Fair Usage Policy is applicable. In FUP after the allocated data usage, the internet connection goes to the minimum bandwidth as allocated.
For detail of the FTTH tariff, visit this link as the price is changed time to time.
For FTTH Support & Query , contact 014244080
and for complain Registration dial 198